Friday, August 03, 2007

school ends, holiday begins!



Finally, my first year in college was over and the final task for me to finish before I could say goodbye to Chiayi was to pack up all my stuff and move them from my dorm to my new apartment, which I'm going to stay for the rest of my college life. The dormitories in our school aren't enough for all the students, which means we need to draw for our beds, so in case of ending up having nowhere to stay when school starts, most students choose to find a new residence outside the school. When new semester begins, I'll be staying in my new apartment with three other girls from my school. The task was as tough as I thought because I hate packing, not to mention having to pack up all the junk I pilled up for a year. Thank gooddness my mom and my brother were there to help, and by cab we shifted five boxes in total to the apartment.
After we left Chiayi, we went straight to Kaohsiung and began our three-day tour. The tourists were my uncle and my cousin, who picked us up at the train station and drove us around the city before taking us to the hotel we were staying,which was right behind the sea-ajoining Sun Yat-Sen University. The view was fantastic and I wondered why I never thought of studying at this university. Not feeling like getting roasted on the beach yet, we headed for the Takao British Consulate nearby. I admit history is my worst subject and I knew nothing about this building, but I found an English website that tells great history details of it,
http://uk.khhuk.org.tw, so check it out if you're interested. Takao is the former name of Kaohsiung, which in Chinese can also mean "hit the dog". Of course it has nothing to do with the origin of the name, but I bet that many foreigners may find the name intimidating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

挺酷ㄉ耶~
哈~~><

Anonymous said...

My goodness!
After reading your blog, i felt in love with your wiriting style...: )

It is so smooth and joyful.(I am becoming your big fan and can't wait for your next essay :P )

who am I?

ha :P your super FAN