Saturday, August 11, 2007

Dream Mall

























































The next morning after a short walk on the beach when we finished our breakfast, my uncle and aunt came to pick us up and drove us to our next stop, Dream Mall http://www.dream-mall.com.tw/, the biggest shopping mall in Taiwan. A friend of mine who lives in Kaoshiung said that it is now the locals' pride, and I have no doubt of that. The hotel we stayed in gave us three tickets for the Hello Kitty ferris wheel which was built on top of the mall, so Albert, my cousin and I hopped on to the ferris wheel like three little exciting kids while the adults went inside the mall for the air condition. The ferris wheel wasn't very tall itself, but adding the height of the mall, the views of the entire Kaoshiung city and the harbor are right beneath it. The cars were painted with Sanrio characters, and inside we got a cute Hello Kitty pillow which I believed had been touch by thousands of dirty hands, so I was taking it only with my two fingers when I took the picture. The mall was really big. We spent the entire morning and afternoon there window shopping, but still we couldn't go through every floor. There were a few stores that were quite special, including a restaurant that was decorated in a Taiwanese retro style, a store that sold all kind of cute clothes for dogs, and a Japanese store that sold everything for NT$49. I got myself a new camera case there.

No comments: